Adelaide

This is the city of Adelaide and this is where I live.

The orangey building back there is my new home.

This is my room.

Every morning we have worship/intercession/meeting at 8:30, around 10 there's tea time and after that it's work time. My role on base hasn't been completely sorted yet so this past week I was just filling in and helping out where I could which ended up being the kitchen most times (I did warn them I can't cook).
Next week is a thing called NIKO which is basically outreach prep out in the bush for a week. All I know is that we'll be roughing it; they like to keep all else about it a secret. I'm going along because otherwise I'll be on the base pretty much all by myself. It was a tough call ;-)

I met with the "worship team" and all those who are going to be apart of this new "worship ministry" that is starting and I'm really excited. These next months will just be us getting in sync with each other and learning how to play as a band. But since most of the band is going on outreach to Thailand it'll be me and the drummer getting in sync. No matter, I'm so excited for the possibilities that lie in wait there.

The base that I'm working with (YWAM Southlands Adelaide) is undergoing a major change. This base is joining with 2 other bases in Australia something that apparently has never been done before and so the base is in uncharted territory and walking in faith. When I heard this I was so encouraged because I am very much in uncharted territory and am having to walk in faith so to be working with a base that is in the same scenario is a huge blessing and such a comfort!

This week has really been comprised of just helping out wherever, getting over jet lag, exploring and getting to know people. This base has such a strong family atmosphere that they really work hard to create and maintain. I'm so thankful to be here and I'm in love with the journey that God has me on right now; it's not always easy and it's sometimes scary but it's amazing and it's a tremendous blessing.

P.S. I like Vegemite :-)