A Poem for Thailand

Sawadeekha Thailand
O Land of Smiles 
Where the rain is plentiful and the dogs are wild.
I'm lulled to sleep by a symphony of sounds 
And walk by day in their chorus.
Snare drum of mopeds in marching band style; 
Crickets and frogs join in.
The phone lines out number the strings on a harp 
And they strum by the hand of the wind.
The thunders roar and boom o'er the mountains
Awaking the night's turn to dream.
Rain drops befalling on the palms of the trees and
They shake and clatter like the tambourine.
Echoes of Thai tone sweeping up and down 
Are more skilled than any scale played.
Fans, in my room, breathing cool air
Lay a deep drum-roll that commands me sleep.
So I wai to the day and decide 
That to the night I'll give in 
And say, "Sawadeekha Thailand, see you again."