One Week Left

     There is only one week left of lectures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I just wrote that! I can't even begin to imagine Thailand. It still seems so foreign to me; it's hard to imagine that I'll be spending 3 months there too! I think it'll be really good to get some outward perspective of Auckland to better know if this is really where I want to be or if I'm being called some where else. So I look forward to seeing if I fall as in love with Phuket as I have for Auckland and if it will feel as much like home as this does now.
     It is sad to leave though. I was talking to my friend Marco, who I pass everyday and who looks for me so that we can have our morning talk, I told him how I was leaving and he said, "I will miss you when you gone." Broke my heart cause I'll miss him too. I just look at how close we're just starting to get, 3 months into it, and the potential of what could develop there. He's starting to see me as a niece or a granddaughter I think. He was asking me the other day if I was married, I said, "no I'm single." He got protective, "Good good stay single! You no marry soon, you got long time, no go make babies. No! You enjoy life, travel, have fun. Stay single." Oh mercy he was cracking me up! But it really showed how we've begun to care for each other and how much more beautiful and precious that relationship could be if it had more time to develop. 3 months isn't long enough, 6 months isn't, and neither is a year. I don't know why we treat people we meet on "missions trips" so differently than our friends back home; what do we expect some relationship annointing? For God to just POOF...you're friends? No good things take time and commitment and I really want good things for these people that I've met here in Auckland; so maybe that requires a bit of commitment...we'll see.
     I saw Diana today, which was really good because I hadn't seen her for about 3 weeks I think and I was beginning to worry about her. When I saw her she was drunk but she remembered me and she hugged me several times. It breaks my heart because I could just feel how the Father was hugging her through me and how He longed to just hold her in His arms. Who do we think we are to refuse love to these people?! Why because they smell and they're gross looking and dirty?! What do you think our sin is to God? It's disgusting but He longs to hold us so close to Him. That's the kind of God we serve and that's the kind of person I want to be. I want to hug the broken and maybe through a hug they'll feel the love of the Father. Oh ya'll the Lord is really breaking my heart for these people and I long for you all to feel it too. Why are we so separate? Why are we so afraid to get close with people? I sometimes want to just go pitch a tent with them or sleep on a bench with them and let them know that I'm not afraid of their garbage. That there's nothing that can separate them from the love of God.

Well that's all for now I think. Next week is our last week of lectures and then we're off to Thailand! Craziness.
Bless ya'll