Catching Up

I'm switching from using facebook as a blog site to this so here's the previous posts that may have been missed: 

9/25/10
Day two was a lot of fun. After breakfast we walked all the way down Queens to a store like Walmart called the Warehouse, got some supplies and just enjoyed the sight of the city. After lunch we met another ywamer from NZ who showed us around and took us to the Auckland museum. We had to walk through this park to get to the museum and the greenery and plants were stunning. We spent more time in that park than in the museum. While in the park we saw a lot of baby ducks and it was a super cute scene but as we kept walking we saw one of the babies had be separated from its family so Roydan and I acted like sheep dogs and mushed the baby back to its family. It was a pretty funny sight lol. Roydan, the Kiwi, could not understand why we were taking so many pictures and just got a big kick out of us, especially when we wanted to go in the cemetery.
Today I think we're gonna try and go to the zoo and maybe to the wharf, we'll see. We start school Sunday night!

9/27/10
School started last night and it was wonderful. I'm so excited for what God's going to do in and around me these next three months. Something really cool happened that I want to share; we had worship to kick off the DTS and we sang the song God of Wonders by Third Day. For those of you who haven't heard me tell the story, this song is very symbolic and holds powerful memories in my life. The first night we arrived in Ukraine we were in their worship service and we were confused and disoriented but we caught onto the tune of one of the songs they were singing and it was God of Wonders. So we sang it in English while they sang it in Russian; it was the most powerful collision of heaven and earth that I've ever experienced. It was the night that I felt the call of the Lord to be a missionary so to sing it on the first night that I'm back on the mission field was powerful and it brought tears to my eyes.
I feel very at home and comfortable here; not necessarily because it's NZ but because it's the mission field and this life clicks within my soul. I'm so excited. 

Today was the first day of class and one of the things we did was write out our expectations and hopes for the DTS and the leader, Josie said that there's no reason why all of them shouldn't be met and satisfied. So it was very encouraging and confirming to know and hear that. Tonight we're meeting with our small groups for the first time and we'll get to hear the staff's testimonies tonight as well. But I have to go now because I have minutes left on my internet. Much love