For Him, For her

This woman that I've met at DUO on Saturdays keeps telling me that I'm wonderful. I told her, "I'm not wonderful, I just know Someone Who is." She sees me the same way I see her; she doesn't see the worst of me, she sees the best of me and I don't look at her and think of the kind of mother that she was, I look at her and see her for the beautiful and gentle woman that she is; even if I knew the full extent of her past, that wouldn't change how much I love and adore this woman.

On Saturdays I feel like everything that is good in me comes to life, Jesus really takes over. I don't say that to toot my own horn because if you knew how I wrestled during the week you'd be able to acknowledge the miracle that Saturdays are, as I do. This woman is going through a really hard time and is really asking some big God questions about why bad things happen; she's lost her trust in God by way of pain. As she opened up to me tonight I realized the great responsibility that is being entrusted to me by her sharing these things with me. I realized that I really am going to have to be Jesus for her. She doubts the goodness of God, but thinks that I'm wonderful... And she doesn't believe that God is trustworthy, therefore I'm going to have to be trustworthy in the gap for her. People are meant to know Him by looking at us....yikes!

I want to be like Jesus in every way and tonight really just opened my eyes to the pressure that exists to follow through and not just want it, but be Him. This woman needs to know that He's good and I'm the simile.

"It's not just about me." I've heard that phrase so much, we all have, but I look at my weeks and I don't live like it's about her; I don't live, making sure that I'm doing what I need to do so that she'll see Jesus on Saturday... I tell you what though, I'll make sure from now on. Because at the end of the day it's not just about her either, it's about Him and I can't misrepresent Him.

So I'll wake and I'll live for Him cause she needs to see Him and I need to please Him.