Hello There

Wow what a busy few weeks these have been. Right after Schoolies we started getting all ready for our first ever YWAM Southlands Conference. What is the Southlands? We are. The Southlands all started when God spoke to Steve Aherne, Australia's national director of YWAM, and God said that He wanted Adelaide, Melbourne and Tasmania to become one. Before the Southlands came about, we were all separate and independent YWAM bases but now we are 1 region with 3 locations. This has never been done before in YWAM and we really believe that we won't be the last. 
Playing Worship at the Southlands Conference
Now to be honest I wasn't too excited about the whole Southlands concept; it just felt like when your parents go away on vacation and come back with more chores for you to do; for me the Southlands sounded like a headache, nice in theory but in reality too hard for comfort. I was pleasantly convinced otherwise. Steve and other elders shared with us the history of the Southlands coming about, the heart, and the vision, what it looks like for us and how we can personally claim it all ourselves. It didn't really become real for me, or make sense, until the night we had a party and I just saw everyone, from all different bases, dancing together and having fun; at that moment I just stopped and thought, "yep, we're a family." And we really are. We may be spread across three states but we are a family and we are commited to each other. It's community on a much bigger scale and I'm really excited about it because we weren't meant to do it alone. Please visit our website www.ywamsouthlands.com.au and see what we're all about.

Something that God convicted me about, that I want to share with ya'll, is about my music. God really convicted me about putting my dream on hold, my dream to use the arts to impact injustice; that it was something He gave me to start now, not five years down the road. So I'm working on getting some better recording equipment and I'm going to try and use songs that I have to support ministries. God showed me that I need to have a ministry that's mine, something that's not dependent on other people as much as my overall ministry is; an avenue that I can always have to be impacting people through. 

 Thanks for reading! I'll write again soon. Have fun as ya'll get ready for the holidays!