Point for Community

If you are a full-time YWAMer, then you are living in community. If you ask someone who lives in community how they like it, they will probably tell you that it's really good but it's really hard; and they would be totally right.
I remember, 2 years ago, when God told me it was time to go on the mission field; my knee-jerk response was, "No! I'm not ready..." And still sometimes I struggle with feeling inadequate and like I don't know enough to be here. But God showed me something this week.

Andre and I are remodeling one of the old cellars into our music studio/practice room/office. Andre and I are musicians; we are not carpenters, designers, architects, handymen, electricians or anything of the sort, however, these are all things and skills that we require. Now he and I could YouTube it, work our butts off, and try to do it on our own but it'd probably take 4xs as long and probably wouldn't be done as well. But because we live with about 30 other people, we have all the skills and all the hands we need in our community to make this possible; whatever we don't know how to do, someone else does and they are helping us with it.

God showed me that if I knew enough to do things on my own- I would do them on my own...but I'd miss out on the beauty of community. See, the blessing of community is that I don't have to know everything; which takes a lot of pressure off. It goes back to that old saying, "It's not what you know, it's who you know." We were never meant to do things on our own, that's why God calls us to be a body and to work together with all of our different parts.

What are you trying to do on your own? And who's around you to help you?