Eat. Spit. Be Happy!

Since coming to Australia my country music playlist has gotten longer, my craving for BBQ and bacon has gotten stronger, my homesickness a bit deeper and my overall patriotism has gotten stronger. The God's-honest-truth is that America looks sexy from this angle. For the first time in my life I'm not only proud to be an American but I genuinely miss my nation. For the first time in my life I find myself wishing to return and settle down in the South somewhere with a homegrown country boy who loves his tractor, baseball, God and me (not in that order of course). America is truly an amazing place to live and I'm racking up the passport to have authority in the matter.

I watched the movie Moneyball and it left me feeling incredibly homesick for my country, my family, and all things familiar. On my way back to the base I just gave my thoughts over to God and He showed me that I could go back to the States and live a darn good life but I would die before my calling; my body would be buried and my soul surrendered to heaven while my calling would wander the earth in search of a willing soul to carry it. I can choose to live my life in a beautiful country where I can live a comfortable life; but is that what I live for? Seems like the places that need the most help are the least comfortable places that you could want to be. But comfort is not the compass of our lives; at least it's not meant to be.

Do I live for this life or do I live for what lies beyond this life? Do I make decisions that will result in a nice life or do I make decisions that will result in a finished work?