I'm more than surviving

Well I just got back Friday night from 4 days of surviving in the Australian bush aka the outback. It was for this outreach prep program called, "NIKO" and I was invited to come along; I found out later that for my Certificate IV in Missions I have to do a NIKO so it worked out anyways. I'm not allowed to tell you all the details of what it was like because they want to keep the element of surprise intact, but I can tell you this: I think that God's creation is beautiful...however, I don't want it all over me. Outdoorsy, roughing it, camping stuff is just not my thing, but it was totally worth it to be able to get to know everyone here on base better.

Some exciting news is that next week I'll be leaving for an outreach to different parts of Australia. We're going to go and serve some bases that we are partnered with and also bless some different churches and organizations throughout the region. The first 2 weeks of outreach we'll be serving the YWAM base in Melbourne (one of the bases that we've partnered with to form YWAM Southlands). While we're there we'll also be serving a church; doing healing services, worship, and whatever else they might need or that we're able to do. After 2 weeks we'll come back here to Adelaide and we'll help get the DTS that starts in September get going; we'll do this for 3 weeks. Then it's back on the road again to some other parts of Australia, serving and working with different organizations that reach out to Aboriginal children in need.
I'm really excited and blessed to have the opportunity to go on this outreach! The team is comprised of staff and base leaders so I'm really looking forward to getting to know them better and getting to serve alongside them. I'm also excited for the opportunity to get to see and know more of Australia and more of YWAM in Australia.
God has really opened up the doors for me to be able to go and I'm anxious to see what He has up His sleeve.

Most of the costs for the outreach are paid for but if the Lord leads you to give toward this you can either click on the Paypal "Donate" button to your upper right or you can go to the base website and donate through that. Any and all donations would be greatly appreciated!

Also, just a quick update on the music ministry: Since we're all going to be going away on outreaches, the music ministry will become official when we return in 2 months time. This will mean writing purpose statements and lots and lots of practices to get in sync with each other as musicians. Also Pablo asked me and another staff member to pray about teaching on an upcoming track DTS where we would be leading students who are interested in music and its potential in ministry. More to come on all this soon.

Prayer Points:
-Healing (several people on the base, including myself, are sick and in need of healing before outreach)
-Provision for personal transportation here in Adelaide
-Discernment and wisdom for the base and its members
-Protection as we travel
-And anything else the Lord might reveal to you :-)

Thanks everyone! Much Love!!!