Are You Quite Sure You're Content?

Two years ago today I wrote a blog titled, "It's All About Contentment & Service." Two years ago I was just back from New Zealand, getting ready to go back to work and to live; little did I know that I would end up going to Australia and find myself in the most discontent state of my life.

Here is an excerpt from that blog:

Are you content? If no, then look at what you've made up your mind to do. Maybe what you've made up your mind to do needs some re-adjustment. Maybe you're not giving as you've made up your mind in which case you may just need to re-focus...I think so many of us aren't content because what we've made up our minds for isn't what we want to do; we made up our minds based on security, earthly wisdom, and cultural pressures not based on who we are and how we've been made.

When I wrote these words I never expected them to ever apply to me. I thought I had found my calling, my purpose, and I was living my life to its intended purpose while the surrounding majority was lost in their discontentment. The funny thing is that I am more content now than I have ever been. I am more content now here in my home, with my family, in my country, being a nanny, a neighbor, a gardener, and one who is still searching, than I ever was overseas living the life I thought was intended, forcibly straining to give in the ways that I had made up my mind to give.

It'll be a year in June that I've been back from Australia. During this time God has done just what He promised: He has reminded me of who I am, who I truly am, and He has brought me to a place of rest and peace- a place of permenance, a place of dwelling, that none need ever leave; a place of spirit as much as a place of being.

I share my life and my struggles not for the sake of merely doing so, but because I truly hope that people would get it. I want people to be who God has made them to be and not who the church tells them they should be, not who their leaders thell them they should be, not who their culture tells them they should be, but who God has made them to be because even when I thought I was being that person, I wasn't. Even when I thought that I was living outside such pressures, I was living under them and maybe by reading of my blindness someone might gain insight.

So are you content? Are you quite sure you're content?