Blessings

You have no idea how many blog posts I have tried to write in attempts to somehow surmise my time in Australia; I was determined to try and conjure up something before I left the country, but I just couldn't come up with anything that suited because I don't yet know the bigger story. You know maybe Australia isn't a novel but rather a book of short stories. It may be years before I ever understand what the underlying theme and purpose has been or I may never receive that revelation. What I do know is that there was a purpose, there were many purposes, and that I planted every seed that was entrusted to me for that land; I finished.

"Rest" is the key word for the time being. God has told me that He's not going to give me any answers about what's next until I rest (He knows me all too well). Since being in America, I've just been so overwhelmed by God's love and care for me. I recently heard someone preach on Genesis 2 where it talks about God making Eve from Adam's rib and how it was necessary for Adam to rest in order for God to extract what He needed to create the "thing" that would meet Adam's need. So I'm not going to resist as if I know what's best for myself.

Psalms 23:1-2 says, "The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures..." It's not, 'He lets me...' It's not, 'He advises...' It's, "He makes me..." He knows what's best for His sheep and He ensures that they are cared for. If I would have left Australia when I first wanted I would have come back to America confused, possibly bitter, and grieving; my timing would have brought on total stress and unrest, but because I left on His timing, I can now enjoy the blessings and return in peace and thanksgiving- I can rest. The sparing and caring hand of God, in my life, is so evident. He truly cares for us. He truly cares for me and He is going all out to bless me. Why? Because He loves me and love is all about the extravagance and the waste.

I recently was blessed by my sister who took me to see the Cirque Du Soleil show "O". As soon as the curtains opened I started to cry because I just felt so blessed; it was an incredible analogy to me for the way that God loves. What makes Cirque Du Soleil so great? I think it's the extravagance of it all. So many things are unnecessary. Is it necessary for there to be so many people doing so many incredible things at once, so much so that you don't know who to watch? Is it necessary to have elaborate sets with near impossible stunts and acrobatics? The answer to both of them is, "No. It's not necessary." Could you pull off a good show without all the extra and for much cheaper? Sure you could, but it's the extravagance that makes it great. It's the waste and the elaborate detail that makes it unlike any other and what leaves you in awe. This is the way our God loves. There's no limit. Could He do it simply and it still be enough? Yes, but He chooses to lavish and overflow in divine and perfect waste.

So what does any of this have to do with Australia? Well, I'm not sure how much it has to do with it but I know that the mountain top gives us better perspective on the valley. Just because I can clearly see and feel His extravagance now, doesn't mean that it was missing in the valley. It just means that now I get to look back and be even more blessed with the perspective I previously lacked. Blessings upon blessings.

I want to thank everyone that prayed for me, that supported me, that encouraged me and was a friend to me during this time. It would be a long list if I were to name everyone and an incomplete one at that. Blessings are like boomerangs, when you know how to throw them, they come right back to you. Thank you for throwing them my way!