I'm here

I'm sure most of you have already heard but I made it safely to NZ. The reason I didn't write sooner is 1) because the wifi is so difficult to get to and when you do get to it, the most you have is an hour of time to be on it 2) because my email decided that it didn't want to work in NZ so I had to set up this new email account which took yesterday and today. But I'm here!

New Zealand is wonderful! When I got here on Thursday there were 7 other people that had arrived and then 2 more that night. Yesterday we got 2 more team members and I think the rest are coming today. There are 21 people in the DTS total; we've got people from all over and it's so neat to see how the different passions for injustice are displayed and demonstrated. It's been fun to hang out with them and tour the city with them. We've already been up and down Queens Street and down K Rd. Yesterday we went to the Auckland Museum and had a ball. I'm loving it here; I can't believe it's only been 2 days!

I'm not staying in the building I thought I was going to be staying at; I'm actually staying at a hostel about a block away from where I thought I would be. Which is totally ok with me because it opens way more doors up to meet people within the community and minister to them. We've already made several friends that aren't in YWAM and the doors for ministry are going to be endless. A hostel, for those of you who don't know, is just a very basic hotel room; all the tenants on the floor share 1 shower and 2 toilets as well as 1 main kitchen and dining room. Another thing I found out, when I got here, is that prostitution is legal in NZ and the road that we live on (Karangahape Rd aka 'K Rd') is the redlight district of Auckland and is where all the prostitutes are; so also much room for ministry there. 

We're free until tomorrow (Sunday) to do whatever we want. So I think today we might try to go down to the warf or Mount Eden. 

Some things I've noticed about NZ are:
-When a Kiwi says that something is just "down the road" they really mean that it's like 10 blocks away.
-Birds pretty much go where they please. They're always in our dining room, in coffee shops, malls. They just fly in and chill lol.
-It could be beautiful blue skies and then within 5 seconds be pouring down rain. I've learned to bring a rain coat and umbrella everywhere.

That's all for now, I'll send a link to view some pictures asap. Much love and thanks for all the prayers and support. I can definitely feel them.